Coming Round the Mountain Ruskin Bond -Book Review

I still have goosebumps while I write about the book - Coming Round the Mountain - Ruskin Bond




Though I never went to a boarding school yet this book takes me back to my schooldayss of getting whacked by the cane, the strict P.T master, getting late to school, getting detention and the food in the canteen.

I still remember precisely, I used to gulp down my lunch in ten mins and rush to the library to spend rest of the lunchtime reading books. While the other kids played, Ruskin Bond's books took me closer to my love for reading.

And with this new book of his, Coming Round the Mountain, an autobiographical memoir, I am taken back to his life at School through the Partition of 1947.
The 13 year old Bond loves reading, plays football and hockey, loves eating jalebis abd spending time with friends.

This book takes you to the age where friendship matters more than religion and politics.

"Do wars solve anything, or do they just lead to more wars?"
Reminds us that our freedom lead us to our war against our own people.

As Ruskin says
"Sometimes we don't really value our friends till we have lost them."
This book is a journey about losing our loved ones, losing our friends because of few political decisions which effected the nation while most of them didn't approve of.

With lots of promises to stay in touch with each other, this book reminded me of my those friends whom I forgot my promises with.

Also mentioning is the paper of this book, taking us to the feel of the era and a special mention to the illustrations by Mihir Joglekar which shapes your imaginations through the read.

Recommended for kids above 8 years and also for the adults who still love Ruskin and his simple style of Writing.

You can buy the book here 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Younger Self

My Sisters, My Valentine.

Mamaerth micellar water - Review