In My Heart - Book Review




It's not usual that you get a book that gets so close to your heart in one read. I received this gem of a book "In My Heart"  from Penguin India and it's a treasure to keep.

'In my Heart' by Nandana Dev Sen is a book every parent should buy for their child. It is a story about this beautiful girl Mia who thought she came out of her parent's heart until she saw her friend's mother's big tummy. She learns that she has a tummy mummy too and sets out to find her.
This book takes us to the amazing journey of Mia discovering who she really is and where she comes from.

I love the way this book has taken the dynamics of families to the next level, families that are made of bond of  love and not just of blood. It is appreciable of Mia's parents of how she is told abouot her birth and parents in this tender age in words that are easily understandable by kids of that age. the support of the extended family is commendable.



The illustrations are by Ruchi Mhasane and are of warmth and tenderness.

I totally recommend this book for kids aged 5-7 years old, for its sensitivity and compassionate topic.
Priced at Rs. 299, you can buy it here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Younger Self

My Sisters, My Valentine.

Mamaerth micellar water - Review